Need help with your Vexus Service? Our local support team is here to help.

Frequently Asked Questions

Customer Rights
Can I get local phone service if I have bad credit?

Yes, you can. You may be required to make a deposit based on an estimate of your annual billing. However, if you are required to make a deposit, we will pay you interest on that amount until it is refunded to you or credited on your bill. Your deposit will be refunded after Vexus determines you have demonstrated a good payment history.

Will my divorce affect my ability to get local phone service?

Probably not. Your credit status while you were married will be good for one year after your divorce.

When are my payments due?

Your payment will be due 16 days after the postmark on the bill. If the due date is on a weekend or holiday, your bill will not be due until the following business day.

How can I pay my bill?

There is no charge to use any one of Vexus’ convenient payment options including making a payment online, mailing your payment, or paying in person at any local Vexus location. Vexus accepts Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover®, and payments by bank check anytime 24/7/356 online at To view available locations and operating hours please visit

If you would like to mail your payment, you can send it to:


PO BOX 10730

Lubbock, TX  79408-3730

Will I be charged a fee for returned checks?

Yes, there is a $30 fee for returned checks. This does not include tax.

Can I set up a payment plan?

No, unless the charges are the result of a Vexus accounting error. If Vexus made an error and under billed your account for more than $50, you can pay that out over a reasonable time.

Can I make a partial payment?

Yes, you can. Any amount you pay will be credited to your bill. The payment will be applied first to your basic local telephone service charges. However, the fact you have made a partial payment will not always  prevent disconnection of your service.

What can I do if I have questions about my bill?

If you have questions about your bill, you may call 800-658-2150 and ask for a customer service representative to assist you. If you are not satisfied, you may make a complaint to the customer service representative. You will be notified of the result within 21 days. If you remain dissatisfied, you may request a supervisor to review your bill. Within 10 days, the supervisor will notify you of the results.

Once the supervisor has responded, you may also file a complaint with:

Office of Consumer Protection

Public Utility Commission of Texas

P. O. Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711-3326
512-936-7120 or 888-782-8477

Hearing and speech-impaired individuals with text telephone (TTY) may contact the commission at 512-936-7136.

You may request that any responses to your complaints be sent to you in writing.

When can my telephone service be disconnected?

Your Vexus telephone service will be disconnected if you fail to pay your bill. You will receive a notice advising you that your telephone service will be disconnected 10 days after the postmark. You can prevent disconnection by paying at least the amount due for basic local telecommunications service. That amount will be available by calling 800-658-2150. If you only pay that amount, all features and services except those related to basic local telecommunications services will be canceled. If you fail to pay for long distance charges, a long -distance toll block will be placed on your line until payment is made in full. If service is suspended for non-payment, you will be charged a service interruption fee of $25 per line.

If my service has been disconnected, can I get it reconnected?

Yes. If your service has been disconnected, once payment is received in full, it can be reconnected by contacting a customer service representative at 800-658-2150. You may be required to obtain a new telephone number in order to reconnect your service.

Does Vexus have a nondiscrimination policy?

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

3. Email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

What happens if I decide I want to cancel my service?

If your Vexus service(s) is not under a contract term or is under a contract term which has expired, you may cancel your service(s) at any time without penalty or cancellation fee. If your Vexus service(s) are under a contract term which has not yet expired, you may cancel your service(s) at any time, however you may be subject to early termination fees totaling up to 100% of your remaining monthly recurring service fees for the remainder of your current term.

I am sick of telephone solicitors. What can I do about it?

The law provides certain protections for a person who receives a telephone solicitation at their residence.

A telephone solicitor must identify himself or herself by name; identify the business on whose behalf he or she is calling; identify the purpose of the call and identify the telephone number at which the person, company or organization making the call may be reached.

A telephone solicitor may not call your residence before 9:00 AM or after 9:00 PM on a weekday or Saturday and before noon or after 9:00 PM on a Sunday. If a telephone  solicitor uses an automatic dialing/announcing device, the machine must disconnect from your line within 30 seconds after termination of the call.

Exceptions: The requirements above do not apply to telephone solicitations made at your request, or solicitations made in connection with an existing debt or contract, or calls from a telephone solicitor with whom you have a prior or existing business relationship. If you use a credit card to purchase consumer goods or a service from a telephone solicitor other than a public charity (an organization exempt from federal income tax under the Internal Revenue Code section 501 (C) (3)), the seller must: offer a full refund for the return of undamaged and unused goods within seven days after you receive the goods or service (the seller must process the refund within 30 days after you return the merchandise or cancel your order for undelivered goods or service); or provide you with a written contract fully describing the goods or service being offered, the total price charged, the name, address, and business phone of the seller, and any terms and conditions affecting the sale.

The Attorney General of Texas investigates complaints relating to a violation of this law, which can be found at the Business and Commerce Code Chapter 37. If you have a complaint about a telephone solicitor whom you believe has violated this law, contact:

Public Utility Commission of Texas

P. O. Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711-3326
512-936-7120 or 888-782-8477

Hearing and speech-impaired individuals with text telephone (TTY) may contact the commission at 512-936-7136.

Another law found at Public Utility Regulatory Act section 55.151 and 55.152 requires a telephone solicitor to make every effort not to call a consumer who asks not to be called again. Complaints relating to a violation of this law are investigated by the Public Utility Commission of Texas. If you have a complaint about repeated solicitation from a telephone solicitor you have asked not to call you again, contact the Office of Consumer Protection (See above for contact information).

Be advised that you have additional rights under federal law. Please contact the Federal Trade Commission or the Federal
Communications Commission for further information on these additional rights.

Does Texas have a no call list?

Yes. Residential customers may add their name, address and nonbusiness telephone number to a state-sponsored no-call list that is intended to limit the number of telemarketing calls received. Upon registering for inclusion on the Texas No-Call List, you can expect telemarketing calls to stop within five months of the date of registration. There is a registration charge of $2.25 for each residential phone number to be included in the statewide “Do Not Call List.” Your registered residential phone number will remain on the list for three years.

What is cramming?

Placing charges on your phone bill for products or services without your authorization is known as “cramming,” and is prohibited by law.

If you believe you were crammed, you should contact Vexus and request that we take corrective action. The Public Utility Commission of Texas requires the billing telephone company to do the following within 45 days of when it learns of the unauthorized charge: cease charging you for the unauthorized product or service; remove any unauthorized charge from your bill; refund or credit all money to you that you have paid for unauthorized charge; and on your request, provide you with all billing records related to any unauthorized charge within 15 business days after the charge is removed from your telephone bill.

If Vexus fails to resolve your request, or if you would like to file a complaint, please write or call:

Office of Consumer Protection

Public Utility Commission of Texas

P. O. Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711-3326
512-936-7120 or 888-782-8477

Hearing and speech-impaired individuals with text telephone (TTY) may contact the
commission at 512-936-7136.

Your phone service cannot be disconnected for disputing or refusing to pay unauthorized charges. You may have additional rights under state and federal law. Please contact the Federal Communications Commission, the Texas Attorney General, or the Public Utility Commission of Texas if you would like further information about possible additional rights.

What is Slamming?

Telephone companies are prohibited by law from switching you from one telephone service provider to another without your permission, a practice commonly known as “slamming.”

If you are slammed, the law requires the telephone company that slammed you to do the following: pay all charges associated with returning you to your original telephone company within five business days of your request; provide all billing records to your original telephone company within 10  business days of your request; pay your original telephone company the amount you would have paid if you had not been slammed; and refund you within 30 business days any amount you paid for charges during the first 30 days after the slam and any amount more than what you would have paid your original telephone company for charges after the first 30 days following the slam. Your original telephone company is required to provide you with all the benefits, such as frequent flyer miles, you would have normally received for your telephone use during the period in which you were slammed.

If you have been slammed, you can change your service immediately back to your  original provider by calling your local  telephone
company. You should report the slam by writing or calling:

Office of Consumer Protection

Public Utility Commission of Texas

P. O. Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711-3326
512-936-7120 or 888-782-8477

Hearing and speech-impaired individuals with text telephone (TTY) may contact the
commission at 512-936-7136.

You can prevent slamming by requesting your local dial tone provider to place a “pic” freeze on your account. With a freeze in place, you must give formal consent to “lift” the freeze before your phone service can be changed. A freeze may apply to local toll service, long distance or both. The Public Utility Commission of Texas can give you more information about freezes and your rights as a customer.

What if I am disabled or take care of someone who is? Are there any special programs for me?

Yes, there are. You may obtain information on those programs by calling 800-658-2150.

How can I get a copy of these rights?

You can get an extra copy of these rights by writing to Vexus at:


ATTN: Legal Department

4006 W Loop 289

Lubbock, TX  79407

Or by calling 800-658-2150

Internet FAQs
Why is Vexus Fiber Internet so much better than traditional cable or DSL connections?
How do I test my Internet speed?

Vexus delivers the area’s fastest, most reliable Internet. Take the speed test to see how well your Internet connection performs. Test Your Speed.

What is the difference between download and upload?

Download Speed is the amount of data your computer receives from the Internet in a given second. Upload Speed is the amount of data your computer sends to the Internet in a given second. 

Can I use my own WiFi router?

Vexus provides a top-of-the-line managed WiFi solution for just $10 a month. However, if you prefer to use your own WiFi router, you do have that option.

Does Vexus throttle speed?

No. Vexus does not impede the performance from providers who offer services that compete with us, block or throttle consumer access to lawful Internet content, or sell our customer’s data to third-parties like many social media, video and ecommerce platforms do.

How do I manage my email?

To manage your Vexus email, click here.

How do I change my email password?

To see how to change your Vexus email password, click here.

What is Vexus' policy on Internet Freedom?

Click here for more information.

What is Vexus' Internet Privacy Policy?

Click here to read Vexus’ Internet Privacy Policy.

What is the Network Access Fee?

The Network Access Fee provides access to the Vexus network and technology and enables us to continue to invest in our network and infrastructure to deliver the best technology and services to our customers.

Where can I find my channel lineup?

You can find your channel lineup by clicking here.

How do I program my remote?

Please select which type of remote you have for the instruction sheet.

Titan Remote

Vexus TV Remote – How to Program

Vexus TV Remote – Button Layout

How do I use my Vexus TV Service
Does Vexus offer accessible options?

Vexus offers products and services to help customers enjoy digital content more easily than ever before. Accessibility Options

Do I need a digital box for Vexus TV service?

Yes. Vexus TV service is provided over an IPTV connection. So, you will need a digital box for every TV that you would like to view TV service on.

Where can I find more information on Programming Costs & Disputes?
What is the Broadcast Surcharge Fee?

The Vexus Broadcast Fee is a broadcast TV surcharge that is applied to all Vexus video customer accounts who subscribe to local broadcast TV channels. The purpose of this fee is to partially offset the increasing annual costs charged by the owners of broadcast TV stations to Vexus to retransmit the programs created by those broadcast TV stations to our customers. Click here to learn more.

What is the Sports Programming Fee?

The Vexus Sports Programming fee is a TV surcharge that is applied to all Vexus video customer accounts who subscribe to sports networks. The purpose of this fee is to partially offset the increasing annual costs charged by the owners of sports-related stations and networks to Vexus to provide this programming to our customers.  Click here to learn more.

Phone FAQs
Can I keep my current phone number?

In most cases, yes, you can keep your familiar phone number. We’ll do everything we can to make that happen. There may be the rare occasion when we are not able to transfer your number. If that is the case, we’ll discuss your options with you.

What is Enhanced 911 service?

With Vexus Enhanced 911 service, you can ensure that first responders are able to quickly and accurately identify your location in the event of an emergency. All Vexus phone services provide Enhanced 911 emergency calling access to police, fire and medical services. Our E911 emergency calling will automatically relay your phone number and address in the event you are unable to do so provided your public safety system supports this feature.

Important Things to Remember in Case of an Emergency

  • As with any phone service, a cordless phone will not work in a power outage. To prepare for this, make sure you are equipped with a battery backup (availalbe from Vexus) or have at least one working non-cordless phone in your home at all times.
  • To assure access to 911 emergency calling is not disrupted, do not move your phone modem without notifying Vexus.
Can I get a battery backup?

Your Vexus phone service requires electric power to operate. To avoid a disruption of your home phone service during a power outage (including 911 service) we offer an optional backup battery available for purchase. Call us at 800-658-2150 for more information.

What can a battery backup do?

A battery backup should give you approximately 4 to 5 hours of talk time. You may extend your standby power by purchasing a 24-hour battery. The backup battery does not provide power to any services other than voice. Home security systems, medical monitoring devices, routers, and other equipment will not run on a home phone backup battery.

Instructions for proper care and use of your purchased backup battery.

Please follow the detailed instructions included with your battery for proper use, storage and care to ensure that it will function as needed during a power outage.  The backup battery can safely be stored above 32 degrees F and below 122 degrees F.  The battery is rechargeable.  They should be replaced every year for better performance, or when your device starts to make a loud beeping sound.  You should also periodically (as described in the instructions included with your battery) remove and test your battery to verify both the operation of the backup battery and its condition.